A student who fulfills all pre-examination obligations and passes all exams determined by the appropriate study program of basic academic studies, acquires the right to defend the final diploma thesis. The application and defense procedure includes the following:
- A student can apply for the topic of the diploma thesis only after passing all the exams from the curriculum, including the exams from the seventh semester.
- After choosing a mentor and agreeing on a topic with him, the student submits to the student service an application to the dean for approval of the topic of the thesis.
- The Dean is obliged to decide on the application within 8 days from the day of its receipt.
- If the topic is approved, the student can start writing a thesis. Thesis must be in A4 format and contain at least 30 pages. The student has the right to choose whether to work in Cyrillic or Latin script. Instructions for writing the dissertation can be downloaded here, and an example of the start page of the dissertation here. Copies of already defended works can be viewed in the library.
- Due to the specifics of the study program, the exceptions are graduate theses of students of the Department of Design and Graphics, where the mentor is left to determine the design and format of work in each individual case. Hardcover is not necessary.
- The defense of the diploma thesis can be held no earlier than 7 days from the date of the last passed exam.
- Conditions for applying for the defense of the thesis are:
– The student is obliged to, no later than 7 days before the defense of the paper, submit to the student service 5 hardcover identical copies of the thesis, as well as one copy in electronic version (cd / dvd),
– that the student has settled all financial obligations to the University,
– that there are no debts to the library and
– that he/she has passed all the exams provided for in the curriculum.